It’s the food holiday that allows us to shamelessly profess love for the world’s favourite dip: Guacamole. Seriously, what good is a party without the classic Guacamole and Nachos? Refreshing, summery and spicy, Guacamole can be paired with almost anything, which explains its huge popularity.
On National Guacamole Day, we bring to you some twists to enjoy this creamy yet healthy treat.
1. Guacamole and Spicy Fries – Just imagine this, spicy chili coated fries topped with a dollop of cool, Guacamole. Sounds drool worthy, right? A little messy, but totally worth it. A bit of advice: don’t count calories.
2. Chocamole – Now this may sound weird, but trust us: just give it a try! When you make your regular Guacamole, add shavings of dark chocolate. The darker, the better. The bitter kick makes this an interesting twist to the dip.
3. Hulk’s Burger – Super simple and perfect for cooking noobs. Just order a burger, take off the top bun and add a spoonful of Guacamole on top of the patty. Put back the bun. Enjoy Hulk’s favourite treat. (P.s. If you make the burger at home, try to make it a bit spicy to make this variation more enjoyable.)
4. Mucho Classico – Not exactly the classic Chip-n-dip but a variation of it. Instead of Nachos, you can dip fried shrimp or bacon in your Guacamole. Seriously, stop counting the calories.
5. Baked Potato Skins – Yet another easy yet decadent recipe. All you need to do is take a potato and cut it lengthways. Scoop out most of the potato leaving back only the skin and a little bit of the potato itself. Fill it up with all your favourite cheeses, herbs and salt and bake it. When done, top it up with Guacamole and enjoy.
6. Guacamole Pizza – Pretty much the same as making a regular pizza at home. However, instead of adding the red sauce base, you spread a thick layer of Guacamole followed by the toppings. Honestly, why didn’t we think of this earlier?
7. Spicy Crepes – Add a dash of Mexican flavour to a classic French dish. Load your crepes with Guacamole, Bacon, Mushrooms, Chilies and Cheese. Definitely the right way to brunch.
8. Pomegranate Guacamole – If you are feeling really adventurous, add some pomegranate seeds to your Guacamole and then use it in any of the above ways or just straight up eat it with chips.
Grab some avocados and get celebrating!