1) Scoop of the Week: Two One Two the iconic Bar & Grill at Worli that shut down earlier this year is being replaced by AKA that opens its doors on 28th November. Being launched by the management behind leading lifestyle brand ‘Love from India’, this initiative is a unique blend of couture and cuisine. Expect American, European and Italian delights on the menu and a cute little ‘Love from India’ store! Yes…you heard it here first.
PS: We hear WowTables is going to have a preview of AKA on 26th November. Do keep an eye out!
2) Dish of the week: Locally produced vegetarian cheese by The Spotted Cow Fromagerie
Why: A small creamery in Mumbai – The Spotted Cow Fromagerie makes a variety of hand-made artisanal cheese that is 100% vegetarian and preservative free! Locally produced creamy and decadent Brie, Camembert and Robiola….! No kidding.
3) Drink of the week: A1 Indian Pale Ale by Gateway Brewing Co
Why: The Gateway Brewing Co’s A1 Indian Pale Ale is the newest beer in town. Deep gold in colour, this beer gives out a heady aroma of citrus and pine. It is already available on tap at the Bombay Canteen and Woodside, Mumbai.
4) Restaurant of the week: Toast- Bistro & Bar
Why: Opening its doors on Sunday, Toast is the latest bar and casual dining outlet in Mumbai. To be located at Andheri, their menu includes innovative drinks and scrumptious Continental, European and Asian eats.
5) Chef/Foodie of the week: Rupal Bhatikar – Foodie & Fabulous
Why: Born and raised in Goa and currently residing in UAE, Rupal loves travelling, experimenting with local cuisines and blogging about them. She has visited over 20 countries in the last five years and hopes to travel to many more. Rupal’s blog was also nominated for the ‘Best Culinary Travel Blog’ and ‘Best Restaurant Review Blog’ at the recently held FBAI Awards. Check her out.