1. The first thing you need to do is stock up on root vegetables. They form a great base for vegan gourmet dishes and are quite easily accessible. Some excellent choices are beetroot, onion and potato.
2. Soups are a great way to go, especially in hot months like these. Choose unique ingredients like avocado and mint to achieve the perfect spicy-yet-summery flavour!
3. Make salads with a citrus accent on the dressing. The cilantro lime dressing is a versatile choice as it pairs well with most vegetables.
4. Once again, we come back to the virtues of the beetroot. Beetroot hummus is a succulent item that can be used both as a main course or a side dish. The juicy tang of the beetroot and its ruby hue make the dish appealing – visually and otherwise!
5. Take advantage of the wide variety of fruits at your disposal and whip up something creamy! Orange juice and coconut milk are excellent, easy-to-use options that add that extra zing to any gourmet dish. You can fashion them into dips or smoothies, as per the requirements of your main dish.
So here are the essential tips to keep in mind while cooking up a vegan storm, gourmet – style. Always plan the balance of flavours carefully beforehand as different vegetables react differently to each other, and as always, have fun!