Here are some dessert pizza variations that have us drooling:
1) Nutella and Strawberry: You can never go wrong with a classic. Imagine a pizza base smothered with Nutella and topped with sweet, juicy strawberries. We cannot think of a better way to end a meal.
2) Salted Caramel and Banana: If you haven’t tried salted caramel yet you have been missing out on the most delicious sauce ever. Spread a generous portion of salted caramel on a thin crust base and top with chopped bananas and walnuts for some crunch. One bite and you will be in food heaven.
3) Ice cream Pizza: This is the easiest one to make and a must try for all ice cream lovers. Simply layer a pizza base with your favourite sauce(chocolate, peanut butter, caramel…) and add any ice cream you like along with your favourite sprinkles.
4) Cookies and Cream: On a base of whipped cream add crushed cookies of your choice. We love chocolate chip and Oreo, but any cookie will taste just as awesome. Definitely an Instagram worthy dessert.
5) Fruit and Muesli: How could we forget all the health-food aficionados out there, who probably frowned at our previous variations? A healthier way of making dessert pizza would be to take a whole-wheat base, spread some light cream and top it off with muesli and chopped fruits. Pizza addicts could also use this recipe as an excuse to have pizza for breakfast!
6) Apple Pie Pizza: Not only is this a truly divine recipe, it is also a great way for apple pie lovers to have their favourite dessert without the efforts of making a pie pastry from scratch. All you have to do is make a regular apple pie using a pizza base instead of the pastry. Be generous with cinnamon and make sure you eat the pizza hot, topped with some vanilla ice cream.
7) Fruit Overload: Yet another easy recipe. All you have to do is spread Nutella on the base and top it off with all the fruits you like. We are partial towards berries but literally any fruit will do. Add some chopped basil for that extra freshness.
Stop drooling and go make one already. And if you do end up creating your own scrumptious variation, do share it with us in the comments below. [Feel free to send us a slice while you’re at it.]