Pouring a pint of Guinness is no easy task. And doing it the right way is instrumental in enjoying it. Here are 7 rules to follow to pour the perfect glass of Guinness:
1. Take a cool, clean, dry glass and hold it under the tap at an angle of approximately 45 degrees.
2. Hold the glass an inch below the tap. Never let the spout into the glass.
3. Don’t hold the glass straight under the faucet as it will create a big block of bubbles a nd a fish eye.
4. Let it settle for 2 minutes.
5. Once it settles, fill the glass and top it off.
6. Straighten the glass slightly as you pour. There is now a domed effect across the top of the pint.
7. Do not let the head of the beer overflow at all, and never skim the top of it off.
Now that you have poured the perfect glass, sit back, relax, sip and enjoy! Guinness is not just a drink, it’s an experience to be relished.
The following two tabs change content below.
Samyuktha has grown up on a diet of Kerala food and has a weakness for non-vegetarian food. She is an ice cream connoisseur and has a long - standing relationship with pizza. She loves eating and loves writing about food even more.
a pint of guinness, guinness, pouring a perfect glass of guinness